Temporary Car Insurance
Including 3rd party car insurance for driving in Europe
All our temporary car insurance covers driving in Europe. (Please see the FAQs here for further confirmation)
Policies are available from 1-28 days for a range of insurances – car, van motorbike, learner driver, uni student driver, impounded car recovery. Getting a quote takes just a couple of minutes and once you have customised your policy to best fit your situation, you can be covered instantly. There's no waiting around.
Who we cover - temporary motor insurance
- You wish to share a long drive.
- You need to borrow someone else's car.
- You want to drive your mum/dad's car whilst home from University.
- Your car is being fixed so you need to borrow someone else's car.
- You're buying a new vehicle and want to collect it and get it home before arranging an annual policy.
- You need to drive a different vehicle e.g. a van to move house.
- We cover most people aged between 17 and 75 years old.
- We can cover those with a UK driving licence, EU driving licence and a UK provisional driving licence.
- We can cover those with penalty points and those who have had a previous disqualification or conviction; however time limits and certain restrictions do apply.
- The minimum vehicle value is £500 and the maximum claim for a vehicle is capped at between £40,000 and £65,000 depending on the insurer chosen.
- We can cover vans up to 7.5 tonnes.
- Additional drivers can be added to the policy.
Protected no claims
Lending your vehicle to someone else can mean you're at risk of losing any no claims bonus if they have an accident while using your property. You can avoid this by taking out a temporary insurance policy with Tempcover. Your no claims will remain unaffected should anything happen to the policy holder while they're in your car.
We've insured over two million people
We have been helping people get temporary insurance for the past 10 years and with well over two million customers, we are the largest provider of temporary motor insurance in the UK.